The opening sequence (with lots of Lake Shore Drive) and first few minutes of the first episode of Playboy’s Penthouse, 1959, Chicago.
Shot in Chicago, the in-studio set was meant to look like Hef’s apartment. This is just the first 10 minutes, but there’s a lot of additional footage on Youtube worth watching.
Cy Coleman’s theme song for the show, which is used to this day for the Playboy brand, reminds me of being a kid in my bedroom and hearing it come down the hallway from my dad’s “office”.
- mrrodd likes this
- getzybabee likes this
- browsethestacks likes this
- dancing-in-the-dark-x reblogged this from calumet412
- mindsimedia reblogged this from calumet412
- kimmmco likes this
- rubensleeps reblogged this from calumet412
- rubensleeps likes this
- neosoulman likes this
- krollbuds likes this
- thatsopranochick reblogged this from calumet412
- calumet412 posted this