Posts tagged Architecture

Chicago, 1970, Kenneth Josephson

Chicago, 1970, Kenneth Josephson

Looking east along the river, 1951, Chicago.

Grogan Photo Co.

Looking east along the river, 1951, Chicago.

Grogan Photo Co.

Jackson Park before the fair, during and then after, in ruin, 1891-1895, Columbian Exposition, 1893, Chicago.

Click to enlarge.

The Fair, 1893, Chicago. John Key

The Fair, 1893, Chicago. John Key

Windmill Village, Columbian Exposition, 1893, Chicago.

Windmill Village, Columbian Exposition, 1893, Chicago.

The world’s first Ferris Wheel, Midway Plaisance, Columbian Exposition, 1893, Chicago.

Looking across the Grand Basin toward the Agricultural Building, Columbian Exposition, 1893, Chicago.

Looking across the Grand Basin toward the Agricultural Building, Columbian Exposition, 1893, Chicago.

View from the Fisheries Building, Columbian Exposition, 1893, Chicago.

View from the Fisheries Building, Columbian Exposition, 1893, Chicago.

120 S LaSalle, 1958, Chicago. Ray Metzker

120 S LaSalle, 1958, Chicago. Ray Metzker

Looking west along the river from Wabash, 1947, Chicago.

Looking west along the river from Wabash, 1947, Chicago.

Walking south on State from Monroe, 1943, Chicago

Walking south on State from Monroe, 1943, Chicago

Lake Shore Drive and Michigan Ave, 1930, Chicago.

Lake Shore Drive and Michigan Ave, 1930, Chicago.

South Water St, 1910, Chicago.

S Water St would eventually become the section of Wacker that runs parallel to the east branch of the river.

South Water St, 1910, Chicago.

S Water St would eventually become the section of Wacker that runs parallel to the east branch of the river.

Looking north west on Division at Ashland, 1939, Chicago

Looking north west on Division at Ashland, 1939, Chicago

Looking west on Jackson to Dearborn, 1936, Chicago

The Daniel Burnham designed Great Northern Building was demolished in 1961 to make way for the Dirksen Federal Building.

Looking west on Jackson to Dearborn, 1936, Chicago

The Daniel Burnham designed Great Northern Building was demolished in 1961 to make way for the Dirksen Federal Building.