Broadway, Clark and Diversey, 1925, Chicago.
North and Clark, 1907, Chicago
The long defunct Webster “L” stop, at Sheffield, 1920, Chicago.
The station was closed in 1949.
Entrance to Lincoln Park, North Ave at Lake Shore Drive, 1932, Chicago
The Lincoln Monument in Lincoln Park, 1888, Chicago.
Clark and Wrightwood, 1956, Chicago.
The former Wrightwood Hotel still stands. The building to the right is long gone, with the site now occupied by the infamous Wiener’s Circle.
The lake shore at Diversey, 1910, Chicago.
Scene at what is now Diversey Harbor, 1900, Chicago.
Waiting for a shampoo, Barbara’s Beauty Salon, N. Lincoln Ave, 1988, Chicago. Melissa Ann Pinney
Boat leaving the harbor at Diversey, 1916, Chicago.
That’s Lake Shore Drive in the lower left corner.
Clark and Evanston Ave (later renamed Broadway), north from Diversey, 1910, Chicago.
Man on Telephone, Racine and Armitage Avenues, 1987, Chicago. Jay King
Looking north on Lake Shore Drive at Fullerton, with the Ferris Wheel (moved from Jackson Park in 1895 to Clark and Wrightwood) in the distance, 1900, Chicago.
Lake Shore Drive and North Ave, 1929, Chicago.
The Germania Club Building, 108 Germania Place at Clark (just south of North Ave), 1890, Chicago.
The building stands. Learn more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania_Club_Building
Follow on Twitter
Scaffold theme by Mike Harding.